Saturday, August 17, 2013

Garden Update: Waiting on Cinderella!

     Our peas are finally all gone and the vines are starting to dry up. In between sales at our yard sale in the morning, I'll see if I can get the Hubbs and kids to help me weed the garden and pull out the pea plants to give our new stars a bit more room to grow: the Pumpkins!!! The vines have grown to reach about ten foot from end to end and in a few more days the Jack-Be-Little pumpkin vines will meet the Jack o'Lanterns and we will have twenty feet length of just pumpkins. The carrot plants never came back and while the tomato plants have grown, they haven't flowered at all so I am not sure if they will fruit this year at all. Other than one small moonflower vine that somehow made it through our late frost. The leaves of our plants are so large, three times the size of my hand, although my petite little hand is not a fair judge of size. They are easily fourteen inches across. 
This was a pumpkin at the beginning of the week
This was the same pumpkin today!

 I counted at least a dozen pumpkins started and twice that many flowers still blooming. So I think we will be okay for carving this year. Plenty of roasted pumpkin seeds for everyone and maybe a few to sell farm-stand style. I hope they get huge and beautiful because they are the most exciting thing going on in that garden!
two more peaking through the weeds
I hopefully will have an equally exciting garden update next week and a great update on how our yardsale went. For now here is a picture of Handsome taking a nap in our bed, it is by far is favorite place to sleep, curled up in my arm, preferably right after a cuddly nursing session. Enjoy the weekend!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment