Friday, September 13, 2013

Thrifting: Target and Salvation Army

James and I had to run to Target to fill my prenatal vitamin prescription, so we walked around and true to the Target curse we ended up buying other things. Since we don't have to stock up on the school supplies that they have on clearance quite yet, we did look at the baby clothes that they have on clearance. They had a pretty great selection, there are definitely more girls' clothes then boys' that are cute. We did name our child after Captain America, so superhero shirts are always a necessity. We bought two Superman shirts in two different sizes, two Batman shirts (one with a detachable cape) in the same size and an Iron Man shirt. The shark swimming trunks are for size 12 months, which should work out since that will be next summer, and since my newly found obsession with Shark Week. We bought all six pieces for under $17. They also had a bunch of shorts on clearance for under $2 but we had picked up a couple pairs last trip so we didn't end up picking up anymore. With children, it is nice to pick up clearance clothing for the following season, I just figure that I shouldn't buy anything too trendy, but basics seem like a great thing to stock up on. Especially, considering our family's nerdy-esque tendencies, we will reuse these shirts for future children or a sweet t-shirt quilt. 

Target summer clearance found here

My other big thrifty trip last week was a couple nursing-friendly tops that also help hide my bit of baby belly that is still hanging out. It was just nice to get things that weren't as tight as my normal clothes and seemed a little more "mommy" clothes. While I will not get rid of my superhero tshirts and corsets, I do need to acquire a few more clothes that will survive playdates, spit-up and make me feel better after not showering for three days straight with only four hours sleep. For $20 I found a few things that are great quality and make me feel great wearing (even if some have to wait a little bit more until belly is a bit smaller). 
This is an American Rag CIE blouse that
really looks much better in person,
it was a little overwashed but still fits
perfectly and is nursing friendly! I also got it
for $2.99!
similar and $120
This was a cute sweater from Wet Seal that I
loved on the hangar but with my larger
 chest it made the bottom too short
so this is a maybe for now. It was marked 3.99
and marked down to $1.99
this seasons version $26.90 



An adorable navy A-line skirt with white
dots that will either have to wait for my
waistline to come back or go into the
refashion pile. I bought it for $3.99
closest version here for $39.99

This is hands down my favorite catch of
this trip, a Banana Republic jersey wrap
top with a sewn in camisole in a cream
colour. I couldn't find anything close to it
on their website but I bought this for $3.99
This is an Andrew & Co wrap dress that is a little
small in the top and I can't find a website for the
company at all, but it is 100% linen and a pretty blue
demin colour that will be perfect for next summer. I found it
for $6.99


No comments:

Post a Comment