Friday, September 20, 2013

Altoona and Washington DC Trip in a weekend

finally trying some tummy time, much to Baby's dismay

Happy Friday and start to the weekend! Hubby's vacation started today, so as soon as he got out of work yesterday, we packed up the car (two hours later) and headed down to my grandparents' house for a quick visit and a pit stop before we head to Washington DC to visit with Steven's godfather/James' best friend. James was quick to get out of work a little early and with his mother coming to visit next week (gasp) he spent a little bit helping me get the house all in order. We also have Monday to get everything perfect, get grocery shopping done and some food made that I can just throw in the oven while she is here. I am so absolutely nervous about a week long visit from the mother-in-law, but we have met before and she is so nice but I am still super stressed about what we will do while James is at work. We have a couple things planned for when she is here, including a visit to the Statue of Liberty and maybe the Bronx Zoo, if I can convince James. Today we are spending the day in Roaring Spring, PA, the place where they make composition notebooks, at my grandparents' house. Dinner tonight, a nice sleep and then driving down to DC for a great visit there. Wish me luck in getting everything ready and still being able to enjoy this little vacation with the Hubbs!

Look at that serious face!

No comments:

Post a Comment