Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Thankful Project: Day 20

     So I kind of fell off the grid for the past two weeks, I apologize. Between the baby and prepping for a Thanksgiving dinner for 11 and a Christmas dinner for 18, the sewing, crafting, cooking and cleaning have been taking a front seat over blogging. I haven't even had time to obsess over Pinterest in forever, "First World Problem" if I ever heard one. I have put together a quilt for baby this past week, all I have to do is tie it and bind it, which may even get finished today....how exciting! Since I had a loosely based Harry Potter "nursery" area, this quilt is also a little Harry Potter themed, it has little owls all over at least. But I am going to pair it with the first Harry Potter book for Steven's Christmas present from just his Momma. I am also half done with handmade curtains for my nephew, they were supposed to be for last year but the pregnancy made me so tired that I made very little last year. Potentially foolishly, I also singed up for an ornament swap that I have the idea and all the supplies, I just have to sit down and make them to send them out by the end of this week! So, I figured that the only way that I would get back on the figurative horse was to buckle down and dive back headfirst.
     I love this Thankful project so thank you so much Chasing Happy for linking everyone up to share the ideas, people and things that we are thankful every single day of the year but giving us a platform to shares those thanks. I don't know if anyone else has seen on their Facebook pages that people are actually complaining that others are listing the things that they are thankful for this month, but I have had a handful of complaints (none directed to me) but I am a little shocked on how critical people are about other sharing their thoughts. It is a little confusing how we seem to have a culture that needs to constantly put others down for something, real or imagined. But anyways....on to today's Thankful Project prompt: Something about your significant other or best friend.
     I absolutely love James' sense of humour, all the way down to his gorgeous crow's feet by his eyes from smiling so much. When he smiles and those crinkles are thrown up, its perfect. I am not a funny person, I can't tell jokes, I can't tell stories and I do not have the quick wit that can make up for it, when we met, I was still stuck in the "older sister" humour of just poking fun. It is a work in progress. But James still finds me funny and he more than makes up for my lack of humour. When we go out, I try and play off of him as much as possible, but he is quick on his feet. He takes jokes like a champ and has no problem making himself the butt of jokes to get a reaction from the people around him. I am sure part of that is his amazing self confidence that I am completely lacking but he runs with it like no one that I have ever met. This pure self confidence in his own humour is something that I admire so much. He will laugh so hard that he cries, until his stomach hurts and I love that. It is dorky and the internet has not helped his humour of silly videos at all. He is perfectly happy watching hours of America's Funniest Videos and youtube videos of cats falling off of tables, and while I sometimes find it confusing how it can continue to entertain him for hours, I appreciate that he just enjoys life enough to still find these things funny. He helps me keep it real, however much that sounds like a cliche. I can get so wrapped up in everything that I think needs to get done that I forget to enjoy life a bit. He helps keep me grounded and to just smile.
Thank you, James, for keeping it fun, no matter what!
   
Mayhem Fest


piano bar in Orlando where we got the singer to play the Time Warp and did the dance...embarassingly awesome

A movie theater standie that James had to fit into....with me assisting and eye rolling

No comments:

Post a Comment